Is it safe?
Botulinum toxin is a prescription only drug and has to be written up by medical professionals (doctors and dentists) only: this is why it cannot be advertised in the same way as the other cosmetic products.
How long does it take for the treatment to work and how long does it last?
- It normally takes 7-10 days for the full effect to be seen
- We review you after 2 weeks to assess the results, which normally last 2 - 4 months
Who shouldn’t have treatment?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- People with a history of myasthenia gravis or other neuromuscular transmission disorders
- Anyone taking aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Anyone taking anticoagulant therapy or suffering with a bleeding disorder
- Any patients known to have sensitivity to Botulinum toxin
Is it painful?
The pain felt is minimal as the needles used are very fine. Most patients complain of a mild stinging sensation.
How long does it take for the treatment to take effect and how long does it last?
The effects are immediate and you should be able to instantly get a really good idea of what the final look will be. In most areas what you will see is what you will get, although in some (such as the lips) there may initially be considerable swelling. This swelling will go down within a few days and you should then be able to see the final look.
Who can’t have this treatment?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Cannot be used at skin sites where there are or have been active skin disease, inflammation or related conditions.
- Anyone with allergy to hyaluronic acid.